Saturday 12 October 2013

Phase Eight Blogger Competition – Style a Winter Coat

Styling is one of my favorite things about fashion. So when I heard about the new Phase Eight blogger competition to style a winter coat whats there not to like?? I also took part in their summer challenge here. 





I picked this Agnes Aztec Coat. I have been trying to break away from the typical winter color palette and go for brighter colors but I couldn't resist this coat. Why?? you ask me?? The first obvious reason have to be the fact that its covered two trends in one - Aztec and Monochrome. Second reason is the high collar, you can get away by not wearing a scarf. I know winter is all about layering but how much layers can a body take?? I try to dress as light as possible because there's nothing more exhausting that carrying around a weight of an elephant during winter. Dressing light does not mean you freeze your bottom off, because if you look at little detailing like this you can loose layers as well as keep warm.

This Coat is a loose fit which means you can opt for a belt if you want to create a shape. I like coats that give this option because I don't always want to fiddle around with a belt but some times I like to smarten things up a bit. This coat is great because I can save money by only investing in one coat but style it different for different occasions.

I can see my self wear this coat with almost everything but I would definitely prefer wearing this casual, where the coat is the statement piece.




This Autumn/Winter I'm a massive burgundy Fan. I know its been around for awhile but I have never embraced the color until now. By teaming the coat with these burgundy Amina jeggins, it will help break away from black and white that is dominating this outfit. In fact the contrasting colors will actually help the print and the monochrome pop out even more.




With tops I buy for winter I'm not so picky because it's all about keeping warm, So I go for basic sweaters, BUT colors and prints are really important because that is the best way to keep an outfit interesting on a daily basis when the weather depresses you!! This fluffy, slouchy Masidyn Metallic jumper is a favorite. The metallic gold and black yarn this jumper is made of gives this basic sweater a luxurious feel and a look.  

I stress so much about comfortable footwear in winter because I believe most of the foot problems that we get are due to squeezing your feet in to  small boots/shoes. I used to think spending less money and having as many boots as my shoe rack was the way to go. But now I would rather spend more and have a comfortable pair of boots that will last me through out winter. 

with this look I will definitely keep my foot wear simple, so I ll go for a basic black pair of ankle boots. These boots are perfect because their leather and have a chunky wooden block mid heel, great for everyday wear.



  I have kept accessorizing to the minimum because with a statement coat like this you don't necessarily need much.

I hope you like this post and if you are interested in taking part please feel free to do so here. Closing date is on the 21st October 2013!! 

Don't forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Bloglovin

You're ideas and comments are very much Appreciated.

xx




 



1 comment:

Gaby de Modacapital said...

The coat is amazing. Love it! :)

http://modacapital-blog.com
xoxo