Saturday 8 June 2013

Not Just A Fancy Dress

It's been too long since I last blogged but apart from getting a year older nothing exciting has happened in my life. Same old daily rituals and chores. I have to say though that I had the best birthday ever. Me and a couple of my very close friends went out had way too many cocktails and danced way too many hours, I was still recovering the whole of last week (old age). It's definitely one of the best birthdays I have had in a very very long time.

I had the whole of last weekend off so I got to spend some quality time with family  plus now that summer is finally here we can squeeze in quite a lot of activities into a full day. There's quite a lot of parks and old castles around where I live and we love going there for walks.

So last Sunday we went to Elvaston castle just outside Derby. It was such a beautiful day so I decided to celebrate it by wearing this dress. I'm not much of a dress person and I bought this dress last year or the year before I think from Topshop. I actually bought it for a wedding. The dress was only £18 in sale and I wore it with brown and gold studded heels and a brown little clutch. I must have been the person who spent the least amount of money on the outfit at that wedding. But my outfit didn't really give that away. 







I have worn this dress many times after that, mostly casual. It was a bit windy on that day so I put on this cord cropped jacket instead of denim or leather jacket. I'm not too sure where I got this jacket from because I have had it for over 4 years and for some reason I have cut all the labels. It's one of those little jackets that I rely on most in summer. Went for very simple styling with my burgundy Primark satchel and Bershka sandals. 






Dress - Topshop (old)
Jacket - Other (old)
Satchel - Primark
Shoes - Bershka (old)
Watch - River Island (shop here)

I'm super excited about the weather because I think we have waited such a long time for some proper sunshine. Growing up in a hot country like Sri Lanka where it's hot 24/7 365 days a year I have never appreciate the sun or the warm weather until I move to England 8 years ago. I just hope it's here to stay, at least for some time. Can't wait to wear more of my summer bits out. 

What do you think of this outfit? Done anything nice in the warm weather? 

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin, twitter and Facebook


xx

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely was a good night! : ) Love this post, can't wait to get a new camera so my pictures will look half as good as yours! :) x

Life in My Lane said...

This is a beautiful combination! Great job on making it comfortable, fun and feminine!

Unknown said...

I like your dress very much.

Cris Casual said...

Great look!! I like your dress :)

unachicasual.blogspot.com.es

Unknown said...

Pretty dress and jacket :)

http://dsmithereens.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Pretty dress and loved your sandals!
magnefiestaofmumbai.blogspot.in

Mishi Rowland said...

I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark. shop online fashion