Sunday 7 April 2013

Peek-a-boo

I have had quite a busy and productive weekend. Lots of cleaning and sorting things out, which I always tend to put off. Plus the weather wasn't too bad either was it?? So all in all it was a lovely weekend!

I have couple of outfits to share, so I was struggling to choose which one to post today.

If you have been following my blog you'd know I love my denim. I have about 4 denim shirts, all different shades and quite a few pairs of jeans. I use my denim shirts as a soft layering piece to wear on top of my vest tops or dresses in spring/ summer and in winter I layer it underneath my jumpers.






I also love dressing my denim shirts up (here) and this is another one of those. So dogtooth print is not a massive trend anymore but I got this skirt from Primark some time ago. 

Now, in my previous post I said I don't normally buy clothes from Primark unless it's the limited collection but every now and then I do find quite nice pieces there. I like this skirt because of the neon waist band. Again, if you have been following my posts you ll know, I like to buy pieces that's quite different from the typical on trend pieces. My leather skirt and this dogtooth skirt are a few. I say dogtooth, but it's more like a distressed version of the dogtooth print. (another reason why I like this skirt)








This denim shirt is a very soft, light weight denim. Perfect for spring days, like the past couple of days we have had. The contrast against the neon waist band really stands out.
I have used my necklace to match the dogtooth print to the spikes on it. ( as I'm a bit OCD about matching things:-) used a simple pair of open heels to go with the outfit. Oh! And my trusted leather clutch/bag to keep all my stuff in.

Denim shirt- Gap
Skirt -Primark
Necklace- Primark

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

What do you think about this outfit?? Like the skirt? Would love to hear from you!

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin,Twitter, Facebook and Instagram:) 


xx




No comments: