Friday 19 April 2013

G is for gold?

I'm starting to wear more and more colours that I didn't wear when I was younger. It's amazing how your taste and perception of things change with age and experience isn't it??

Gold is one of them colours. I didn't think it suited my dark skin colour. I stayed away from everything gold, even jewellery. I even went as far as to tell my mum I'm allergic to gold to get away from wearing something gold ( sorry mum)

But I have now embraced the colour. Not in full mode but I have the odd item and bucket loads of gold jewellery. I now like how the colour stand out from my skin colour.

This top is from Mango, when Kate Moss was the face (quite old). She wore this top in the advert and was sold out every where in the UK. I got this top from mango somewhere in Europe for a mere €5 in the sale (ha!ha! In your face) it's quite a rough fabric so I don't tend to wear it a lot apart from the odd night out or evening meal. But it's such a simple style that really make you stand out from the crowd.






It was a nice day, so what better excuse do we need to get our legs out?? I like this skater skirt because of its elasticated belt as to waist bands with zips you can pull it up for a high waisted look or pull down a bit for a lower waisted skirt. It has also got less volume than full flared skater skirt, which I also like. 






After putting this outfit together I thought it looked more like a night out outfit rather than what you would wear to a casual evening meal. So to make it look less like a night out look, I used these brown wedges and handbag. OMG! these wadges are heavenly!!! I don't know whether you would believe me if I tell you these are the first pair of wedges I own! But I have been on the look out for a pair for absolutely ages, but the massive heel on most of the wedges give me the shivers!! I mean come-on you have to be practical. There is no way I am going to wear a 6 inch wedge and not fall off and break my face.  But not with these, as they are so easy to wear. They are from Primark and only £16!!! They are so comfortable. You don't even feel them on your feet. No cut's, bruises or limping with these shoes. They are quite a recent purchase so head to primark if your after a pair (they also do them in black) 

Top-Mango (old)
Skirt -Topshop (old)
Shoes - Primark
Necklace - H&M

What do you think about this outfit? Let me know what you think because I love reading all your comments:)

Also don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

Have a fab Weekend you lovely people!

xx



6 comments:

Unknown said...

You look stunning and you have an amazing legs! Perfect skirt dear xx

fashionvitae.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Super fofo!

Unknown said...

Super fofo o look!

Natalia said...

Really like your outfit :)

Susan Plus Size Diva said...

Ditto you have amazing legs! Love the gold belt with the entire outfit. Nice 1.

Unknown said...

Awesome, you look so nice with this outfit.

Iffa,
lesssugartea.blogspot.com