Friday 12 April 2013

Bit Lady Like

This outfit's got three of my favorite things!! Coral, Lace and leopard print. However I never thought I would ever wear all three of these in one go without looking a bit OTT.

This dress is such a pretty dress. I fell in love with it the moment I set my eye's on it. The colour being coral helped massively (as you all know I'm massively into anything coral at the moment) It's great for summer. A summer wedding, night out or just a casual stroll in the park - I love a good versatile piece and this ticked all boxes. 




It was never my intention to style the dress with leopard print accessories. But there's something about the delicate lace being clashed with leopard print. I did have a leopard print clutch as well and I don't know why I didn't use it in the pictures. With the clutch and the shoes, I kept the accessories to a minimum and used a gold chain detailed belt and gold Necklace and bracelet. 






The finish of this dress is great. There is a cotton lining inside and for once the waist is so neatly! No awkward stitching and no threads out , very very neatly done. I could have left the belt out. But there's too much lace so I wanted to break it up a little.


The fit and the cut of this dress is a let down though. I don't really think it suits all shapes and size's. When you wear the dress it makes you look a bit top heavy. (a few people who tried the dress on told me the same - so it's not me being weird) I felt the waist is a bit high as well- this can just be me being weird. 

Dress - Gap
Shoes - Primark (£6 only!!)
Necklace and bracelet -H&M

TGIF!! Have a fab weekend!!

What do you think about this outfit? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter ,Instagram and Facebook

xx




4 comments:

Belle Culkin said...

Oh my, your outfits and photos are stunning. I'm seriously impressed xx

Unknown said...

I love your outfit post, my fav type of post! one reason why i nominated you for the versatile blogger award please see here..
http://kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk/ and carry it on

Unknown said...

Oooo err, very posh! I love it, the colour looks great on you but like you said I'm not sure baout the cut either. I'm not sure about the height of the waistline : /. I love the accessories you chose also ;)

http://muffinsandlemonade.blogspot.co.uk/

X

Melissa Sydie said...

Beautiful dress, I really love the colour - it is one of my favorites at the moment!!! :)

http://loislennon.blogspot.com/