Tuesday 30 April 2013

April Favorites

I have been blogging for some time now, so thought it ll be nice to introduce a once a month segment called "Monthly favorites". Since I mainly do fashion related posts I thought this will be a fun segment that I can include anything and everything I liked during the month. Let it be fashion, beauty, lifestyle or any other random thing. So be prepared for anything:) 
This month I haven't really liked much, Plus because it's the first time I'm doing this segment I thought I ll let you get used to it before I bombard you with pictures and information about random weird and wonderful things I love. (i have been told that I have rather unusual taste in things many many times)  

So my April fashion favorites!!!!!

My first one has to be the Topshop elephant print dungarees. How can you not fall in love with it? The tailored fit makes it fit you better than other dungarees and suits any body shape. It's such a simple design, no extra trims,pockets, zips or buttons. The simplicity of the dungarees and print makes this stand out from the rest and for £55 I think it's the most reasonable priced item I have bought for ages. It's from their new collection so grab one here



Second favourite?? My Celine t- shirt!!! I don't know what it is about this t- shirt that made me fall in love with it. It's been worn and blogged about by so many people and this normally puts me off buying something but after resisting the urge to buy it for so long I took the plunge and bought it in the beginning of this month. I have styled it and worn it with so many things in my wardrobe. This t- shirt will brighten up any dull day for me. Buy it here



 Zara trousers! Omg!! Don't think I can fall in love with these trousers any more than I already am. Get so many compliments when ever I wear it and I was even chosen as look of the day by Look magazine for these trousers! :-) Emerald green is the pantone colour for 2013, but I was a bit skeptical about wearing it because some times bright colours like this don't really suit my skin tone but the min I saw these trousers I knew we were a match made in heaven! The zip detail is gorgeous and the print is so pretty. For me it's breaking away from the denim and floral printed trousers I wear, so I love it. I will be wearing these all thorough out the year day and night. 


Here's my first ever non-fashion products on my blog! Maybelline Fit me foundation. I have found it so difficult to find a foundation that fits me. Some times have to use two different foundations on top of a tinted moisturiser to get the coverage I want, which is a nightmare because I end up looking cakey rather than fresh faced. 
When I first heard about this foundation I didn't think much of it but when I went in to Boots and went passed the Maybelline counter something stopped me. It was a small instruction board and it showed the number of the foundation you should go for depending on your skin tone. It was very specific! not two or three options but  exactly the shade that matches your skin tone depending of your skin tone (me-dark) then your skins undertone (me-yellow) simple as. Now I don't know about you but I hate asking these so called beauty consultants their opinion without feeling like a idiot. Some times they have no idea what they are talking about. I'm not much of a beauty expert so I want them to tell me exactly what is right for me and what is not, end of the day it's their specialty right? Anyway I loved the fact that the instructions were very straight forward. I simply picked the shade went to the counter and paid. Now this would have normally taken me over an hour to do. 
My make up routine is normally a lengthy one, because I have to get the right consistency to cover up all my flaws but this foundation is a god sent. It matches my skin tone just right. I don't even need any concealer under my eyes because the foundation covers it all. Even my husband noticed the different (this is massive because he never ever notice anything:)) Nowadays my makeup routine is foundation eyeliner little bit of blusher and lipstick - I'm good to go!!! I recommend this to anyone and everyone.  

  
I think that's enough for this month:-) Feel free to let me know your ideas and thoughts. I cut my favorites down to the bare minimum this month, so depending on how well received this is I will see what I can do to improve this little segment.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed putting it together. Please feel free to give me your suggestions and comments.

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin, Facebook,Twitter or Instagram.

Have a Fab week!!

xx 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post, love your idea of doing monthly favourites :)

Unknown said...

Great post..Loved your 2nd and 3rd outfit..
magnefiestaofmumbai.blogspot.in

Unknown said...

Love your blog! ♥
missdiana89.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.